There is required identification that law requires me to obtain for full proof of the identity of all individuals (including company Directors and other authorised Officers), before I can undertake any work on your behalf.
Proof of identity includes originals of:
- A current passport
- Photo-card driving licence
- Provisional Driving Licence (with paper counterpart)
- Birth certificate
- National Identity Card (EEA citizens)
Proof of address includes originals of:
- A recent gas, electricity, Council Tax bill or telephone account (not more than three months’ old and not printed off the internet)
Other Proof of address includes originals of:
- A bank statement or a letter from your bank no older than three months
- A Tenancy Agreement or Housing Association rent card
- HMRC (Inland Revenue) tax demand or Self-assessment Statement
Please note that ONLY THE ORIGINAL proof of ID and address is acceptable. I am required to keep copies of them. To save time, I am happy to accept photocopies that you have already made, provided that you still bring the originals so that I can compare them.
With regard to business clients, I must check the personal identity of individuals appearing before me, and also establish and satisfy myself that the company they purport to represent actually exists, and that the person or persons appearing before me are authorised to act on the company’s behalf. Documents that I might wish to see include the Memorandum and Articles of Association; or Model Articles (Companies Act 2006), a current Power of Attorney; Board Resolutions; and evidence of the current owners of the company. Depending on the nature of the work required, I may ask to see additional documentation.